CITY OF RIGGINS ORDINANCE NO. 203
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RIGGINS, IDAHO COUNTY, IDAHO, AMENDING CITY OF RIGGINS PARKING REGULATION ORDINANCE NO. 142, PROVIDING FOR PARKING PROHIBITIONS IN ADDITIONAL SPECIFIED PLACES; PROVIDING FOR THE REPEAL OF ALL OTHER ORDINANCES OR PARTS OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT HEREWITH; PROVIDING FOR THE ORDINANCE BECOMING EFFECTIVE UPON ITS PASSAGE, APPROVAL, AND PUBLICATION.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RIGGINS, IDAHO COUNTY, IDAHO, AS FOLLOWS, TO WIT:
Section 1. That City of Riggins Ordinance #142, Section 1. (C) 1 (a) be amended to read as follows:
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to park, stand, or stop a vehicle, except in compliance with directions from a Police Officer or traffic control device or to avoid conflict with other traffic in any of the following places or under certain conditions hereinafter defined:
(1) On a sidewalk
(2) In front of a public or private driveway
(3) Within four feet (4’) of a public or private driveway, when that curbing or area is painted white, with black lettering indicating “No Parking”.
(4) Within an Intersection
(5) In a traffic lane except temporarily to avoid conflict with other traffic or let someone out of the vehicle.
(6) Within fifteen feet (15’) of a fire hydrant, when that curbing or area is painted red.
(7) On a crosswalk or within twenty feet (20’) of a crosswalk
(8) In designated handicapped parking zone
(9) In any other area with curbing painted white, clearly marked with black lettering indicated “No Parking”.
Section 2: All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict herewith are hereby repealed.
Section 3: This ordinance shall be effective upon its passage, approval and publication n the Idaho County Free Press.
PASSED AND APPROVED on this 14th day of November, 2011.
S/ RJ Crump
Robert Crump, Mayor
June Whitten, City Clerk-Treasurer