Notice of Public Hearing on New Fees and Fee Changes
The City of Riggins proposes the following ambulance billing changes or new charges, which may result in an increase of fee collections for ambulance service, beginning October 1, 2009, by amounts that exceed one hundred and five percent (105%) of the current fee revenue from the previous year.
(1) Ambulance Mileage Rate Increase: It is proposed to increase the mileage rate billed in connection with Riggins Ambulance runs from $8.05 per patient mile to $9.00 per patient mile. This proposed increase in mileage billing will result in increased ambulance rates in amounts that exceed one hundred and five percent (105%) of the current fee. The increased fee is proposed to more accurately address the cost of transporting patients and to offset administration costs associated with the operation of the medical billing department.
(2) Non-Transport (Treat and Release) Base Rate: It is proposed to increase the Non-Transport Rate as detailed below:
Current Rate Proposed Rate*
Base Rate $75.00 $75.00
Area Resident $50.00 $60.00 (20% Discount)
City of Riggins Resident $25.00 $45.00 (40% Discount)
* Total Non-Transport Base Rate billed would also include the addition of all itemized costs incurred for service and/or supplies used, as listed in Items 4 below.
The increased rate is proposed to offset the cost of three emergency personnel required to respond to the call.
(3) ILS Transport – It is proposed to add a new rate for ILS Transport, to be billed for those runs requiring advanced medical care. The new base rate fee, as detailed below, is being proposed to provide funds to offset the cost of providing for the availability of Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians required to accompany the ILS Transport. Total ILS Transport Base Rate billed would also include the addition of all itemized costs incurred for service and/or supplies used, as listed in Items 4 below.
New ILS Transport Rate: Base Rate $500.00
Area Resident $400.00 (20% Discount)
City of Riggins Resident $300.00 (40% Discount)
(4) Base Rate Itemized Fee Structure: It is proposed to add itemized billing for services and supplies used, to be billed in connection with the Riggins Ambulance Base Rate, ILS Transport and Non-Transport Rates. The proposal to add these new itemized fees will result in an increase in the Ambulance Base Rate for some ambulance users by an amount that exceeds one hundred and five percent (105%) of the current fee. The new itemized fee structure, being proposed to provide funds for the care and replacement of equipment and supplies used, is detailed below:
Oxygen $25.00 Canual; $35.00 NR Mask
Suction $10.00 In Ambulance; $50.00 Portable
Airways $10.00 Oral/Nasal; $35.00 BVM; $100.00 Combi-Tube
911 BP $25.00
Hot/Cold Pk $ 2.00
C Spine $35.00 (Spinal Immobilization)
Splinting $30.00 Air; $10 Ladder; $30 Vacuum; $20 SAM
Dressings $7.50 Trauma; 4X4, 2X2 $5.00; Bloodstopper/Elastic $10.00
IV Therapy $45.00 Base; $35.00 Saline Lock
GlucoseTest $ 5.00
Extended Run $60.00 for service exceeding four hours in length
(5) Extrication – It is proposed to change the current method of billing for extrication to better correlate the fee charged to the service rendered in connection with those ambulance runs requiring the use of extrication equipment. The proposal to change this fee may result in an increase in fees for some ambulance users by an amount that exceeds one hundred and five percent (105%) of the current ambulance fee, or it may result in a decrease in fees. The changed fee is being proposed to correlate the fees to the type of service rendered and to provide funds for the care and replacement of equipment and fund the required extrication training for EMS personnel.
Current Extrication Base Fee: $500.00
Proposed Extrication Fees:
Base Rate $300.00
Dash Push $200.00
Door $ 50.00
Air Bags $100.00
Extended Time $200.00
Special Ops $200.00
All citizens are invited to attend a public hearing on August 10, 2009, at 7:00 pm in the City Hall Council Chambers, Riggins City Hall, 126 N. US#95, Riggins, Idaho, and have the right to provide written or oral comments concerning the proposed fee changes.
City Hall and the Council Chambers are accessible to persons with disabilities. For accessibility arrangements, please contact the Riggins City Hall at (208) 628-3394 at least 48 hours in advance of the public hearing.
Dated this 21st day of July 2009.
June Whitten, Clerk-Treasurer
City of Riggins
PO Box 249
Riggins, Idaho 83549